The Bureau, our flexible staffing Bank, is a critical part of the St Andrew's staffing structure. We have a culture of providing excellent standards of care within the Charity, and joining our in-house Bureau offers you the opportunity to be part of a strong established team, working across all St Andrew's services and gaining valuable professional experience.
Why we have an in-house Bureau
The in-house Bureau provides many advantages for the Charity, including:
- flexibility for staff to cover holidays and sickness
- appropriate training for staff
- enabling the Charity to ensure best quality service to meet the specialist needs of our patients
- consistency for staffing teams and patients.
The benefits of joining the Bureau team
As well as offering advantages to the Charity, a career with the Bureau has many benefits for individual staff, including:
- matching your availability for work with shift availability
- an opportunity to work across a wide range of services and have a rewarding and challenging role
- gaining valuable knowledge and experience
- paid induction and training
- a pension with St Andrew's
- site benefits such as free sports facilities.
What is expected of Bureau staff
As a member of the Bureau, you will be expected to:
- have compassion and empathy
- have regular availability for work
- act professionally
- be reliable and punctual
- make yourself adaptable and able to work across a range of scenarios with patients
- be resilient
- have the ability to communicate with a diverse group of people
- work within your boundaries
- maintain confidentiality
- have the ability to undertake all duties as required
- have a high degree of flexibility and the ability to work with all patient groups
- recognise the differences in working in different areas
- gain experience and undertake training.
You can access more information on developing a career with our Bureau and the Bureau online facility from this page.